Monday, January 9, 2012

Kevin's First New Friend: Pretty much has my dream job!

Friday, January 6, 2012, I walk into a bar (perhaps one of the greatest bars: the Ice House Tavern) in anticipation of a friend's surprise ice skating party.  Could this perhaps be the evening that I make my first of 52 new friends?! Yes.  Meet Tim James Himebauch II.  He is not a native of Phoenix, but we are still called friends just the same.  Eight years ago he found his way down from Boise, Idaho and six months later, he began working at Costco.  Now, although I've always dreamed of working behind those glass walls and making sandwiches for the loyal Costco patrons, Tim's position as tire salesman is within the confines of the same walls that house those people dressed in white, making dinner for the masses and so, I am jealous of him.  As I sit next to him, looking out at the ice skating rink in anticipation of embarrassing ourselves, we share stories of our lives.  I look forward to hearing (and telling) more stories...and, perhaps, indulging in flautas from Armando's. 

No comments:

Post a Comment