Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Kevin's Second New Friend(s): It's A Small World After All...

Friday, yet again, I find myself in need of my new friend.  I just arrived in Los Angeles to meet up with my existing friend, Max Joslyn, and visit everyone's friend, Mickey Mouse at Disneyland!  Mr. Joslyn, a fellow Temple grad (and former roommate), was throwing a good-old-style Burbank house party and I was, of course, in attendance.  Try to keep me away from a house party!  I strike up a conversation with Dave and learn that he is from Pennsylvania.  Cool, cool...I went to school out there.  Look at that, already having things in common!  He recently moved out to LA, lives in Long Beach with his brother and some other guy who is from Phoenix and is working on becoming a certified tennis instructor.  He loves playing tennis and will soon be teaching fools like myself how to play.  I later meet Dan and find out that he is Dave's brother and comes from Yardley, PA.  Yardley, eh?! My freshman year roommate is from Yardley!  What?!?! You went to grade school with my freshman year roommate?!  I can't help but think of the famed ride I'll be going on later that weekend: Disney's "It's A Small World".  Dan works primarily down in San Diego as a Biohazard Technician.  Apparently he commutes but loves the work, the people and his boss.  Dan and Dave Basheda are my new friends this week, I look forward to running into them again the next time I visit LA.

No comments:

Post a Comment