Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Kevin's Seventh New Friend: Arizona Centennial

What better way to celebrate Arizona's 100th birthday than with an assortment of Arizona beers, wines and chimichangas?! My friend this week, Rose Mofford (drag), couldn't think of a better way.  Rose was our 18th Governor here in Arizona and the first female Secretary of State.  She grew up in Globe, raising the count of people that I know from Globe to two (thanks, Dan Massey).  She played basketball and was recruited to go pro with the All American Red Heads.  She truly loves this state and that is why I knew I had to have her as my friend for the week! Plus, she gave me a flask with the official Arizona Centennial emblem on it...the same one that is on all the signs along the freeways.



No comments:

Post a Comment