Friday, February 17, 2012

Kevin's Sixth New Friend: Thanks Toby Keith

Friday night, yet again...I had plans with 5 different people but ended up hanging out with none of them.  Instead, I drive out to the suburbs (Mesa, Arizona) to meet Britany and Amira and discover a little gem, alright, downright enormous gem of a bar: Toby Keith's I Love This Bar.  There's nothing but country western music and white folks in cowboy hats!! But, it is not the place for me to find my new friend so I mosey on down to Rula Bula and meet a man who has a mallard on the background of his credit card.

"Excuse me sir, is that a mallard?"

"Yes! My name is Travis Miner.  Want to take a picture of me so I can be on your blog?"

OK, admittedly, that's not exactly how things went down but the credit card part is true.  Travis is studying art at ASU and is working on his acting.  He had a big show/audition the following morning (11:00am) that was causing him some concern but not enough since he was at the bar past midnight.  He's from Arizona and works for a contracting company with an awesome website.  Hopefully next time I see him, I'm not DD...

No comments:

Post a Comment