Sunday, March 25, 2012

Kevin's Eleventh New Friend: An SPD Artist

It's the greatest day of the year! My Saint Patrick's Day was filled with blasts from my past this year.  I counted, I ran into (unplanned) 12 people that I had not seen in over a year -- and a few that I had seen within the year.  All of these people are old friends though so, no blog for you! Ms. Statt; however, is a friend that I have made this year.  Ashley Statt (yes, of the same Statt family that we know and love) is, of course, a graduate of SSJ and soon Bourgade.  She is an amazing girl who showed me what to do on an 8th grade retreat and will be going to South Africa (the same mission I went on in 2010) this summer! In order to help her raise monies, she was at First Friday Artwalk (I don't know if that should be capitalized and I am almost certain "artwalk" is not one word) selling her art.  Although Britany stole the piece that I really wanted, I was happy to donate to the cause.  I cannot wait to hear about her trip and have stolen her art idea.  I hope she doesn't get mad at me.

The stolen art project


1 comment: