Monday, March 5, 2012

Kevin's Ninth New Friend: Don't take it personal Glenn

Last Sunday I was in bed looking at the cars I was "watching" on ebay (I'd gotten in the habit of going to sleep researching cars on my pad) and noticed that there was a CL500 I had been watching.  Weird.  That is clearly out of my budget.  It had already been sold so I went to the dealer's website that had listed it to find out what the price was...no such luck.  BUT, I did stumble upon a listing for a 2006 Saab 9-3 with 50k miles.  They were asking $10,8 and that seemed doable (even though it did not have any pictures).  I'll think about it tomorrow, I'm subbing in the morning and it is time to go to bed.

Monday after school my dad and I drive out to Audi of North Scottsdale and test drive this same car.  A few chips, squishy breaks and a headlight that's out.  Not to mention the price tag is a little high.  Let's think about it...  OK, I've thought about it.  I want it! Make an offer...make another offer.  Walk out the door for $10 and you'll fix my complaints? Sold!

Tuesday I go and get my first auto loan.  My friend there was slow and felt no pressure even though the clock said it was an hour after the bank closed.  I don't think he'd make a good friend for my blog, but thanks for the loan!

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 I buy a new car from Bill Jacobs.  He'd be a great new friend because he sold me my car but we didn't even shake hands after I signed everything and gave him the largest check that I'd ever held so we didn't seem like a good match.  Who does that leave?  Well, although a machine, I will spend numerous hours and travel (hopefully) 100,000 miles with this week's friend: my new car.  I hope my next forty friends get to meet her!


No comments:

Post a Comment